A premade bug out bag can be a good option for someone who wants to prepare for the unforeseen but does not have the time or knowledge to piece one together item by item.
In this guide we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of premade bug out bags as well as take a look at some of the best premade bug out bags that are currently available on the market.
Things to Consider when Choosing a Premade Bug Out Bag
- Are the Bug Out Bag essentials covered?
- How many additional items will I need to add to the off-the-shelf survival kit to tailor it for urban survival or wilderness survival?
- Are the premade Bug Out Bag’s contents what I am looking for or am I paying for things that I do not need?
- Is this for my home or to be stored in my car?
- Will it be easy to carry over long distances?
- Is it designed to cover the amount of people I require?
To help you analyze some of the many options out there for premade Bug Out Bags we have complied the below table to review.
This option can also be used for a base to build your customized Bug Out Bag from, as you would of course want to add items that are relevant to your local geography and climate. There are however some pluses and minuses that come with buying premade Bug Out Bags.
The Pros of a Premade Bug Out Bag
- Convenience – Premade bug out bags are an “off the shelf” solution that requires minimal time or effort
- Expertise – The creators of these bags have generally put some serious thought into what survival tools and supplies they include
- Basic needs covered – Most premade bug out bags are at least adequate for basic survival therefore are a good starting point
The Cons of a Premade Bug Out Bag
- One Size Fits All – Buying a premade bug out bag is a one size fits all solution that isn’t a good choice if you are the type of person that wants to build a bag from the ground up
- Unnecessary items – Depending on what is included in the premade bug out bag, you may be paying for some survival supplies that you aren’t interested in
The Best All-Around Premade Bug Out Bag
After reviewing dozens of premade bug out bags’ contents, prices, and quality, we have chosen to recommend the Zippmo Urban Survival Kit Two as Best in Class.
This bug out bag covers most of the essentials and the quality of both the bag itself and the survival equipment within it is among the best we have seen while remaining very reasonably priced.
This will make a great starting point to building any reliable, robust Bug Out Bag and you can tell that it was designed by individuals who have lived and breathed Survival in the real world.
Our Pick: The Zippmo Urban Survival Kit Two
The Best Premade Urban Survival Bug Out Bag (HINT: we created one!)
For urban environments, we co-developed along with the guys at Ready To Go Survival, a bug out bag that was created specifically for urban survival.
We call it The Ultimate Urban Survival Kit (TUUSK). We tested dozens of items to see what would be best suited to help us survive an urban disaster. This testing was carried out in real world conditions in the heart of New York City and they left no doubt in our mind that the final TUUSK loadout is ideally suited to keep you surviving and moving towards safety when time is critical.
If you live in a city, with the TUUSK, you’ll never get caught unprepared: Learn more about the TUUSK
Do you have any thoughts on premade bug out bags? Do you own one that you think is great or could use improvement? Please let us know in the Comments Section below, thanks!