A premade bug out bag can be a good option for someone who wants to prepare for the unforeseen but does not have the time or knowledge to piece one together item by item.
A premade bug out bag can also be used as a foundation to build upon by replacing or adding items that suit your local geography, climate, and personal needs.
In this guide, we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of premade bug out bags.
We’ll also take a look at some of the best premade bug out bags that are currently available on the market.
If you’d like to build a custom bug out bag from the ground up, refer to our bug out bag list for a comprehensive look at what to pack.
Things to Consider when Choosing a Premade Bug Out Bag
- Does it include all the bug out bag essentials?
- How many additional items will I need to tailor it for urban survival or wilderness survival?
- Am I paying for items that I do not need?
- Is this for my home or to be stored in my car?
- Will it be easy to carry over long distances?
- Do the quality of the bag itself and the included gear meet my expectations?
- Is the bug out bag designed to cover the number of people I require?
Here are the pros and cons of going for a premade bug out bag:
The Pros of a Premade Bug Out Bag
- Convenience – Premade bug out bags are an “off the shelf” solution that requires minimal time or effort.
- Expertise – The creators of these bags have usually put some serious thought into what survival tools and supplies they decide to include.
- Basic needs covered – Most premade bug out bags are at least adequate for basic survival, therefore, are a good starting point.
The Cons of a Premade Bug Out Bag
- One Size Fits All – Buying a premade bug out bag is a one size fits all solution that isn’t a good choice if you are the type of person that wants to build their bag from the ground up.
- Unnecessary items – Depending on what is included in the premade bug out bag, you may be paying for some survival supplies that you don’t need or want.
Our Favorite Premade Bug Out Bags
There are many premade bug out bags on the market, so to make things easier for you, we’ve compiled a shortlist of our favorite options:
The Best All-Around Premade Bug Out Bag
After reviewing dozens of premade bug out bags’ contents, prices, and quality, we recommend the Zippmo Urban Survival Kit Two.
This premade bug out bag covers most of the essentials and the quality of both the bag itself and the survival equipment within it is among the best we have seen while remaining very reasonably priced.
This pick will make a great starting point to building any reliable, robust bug out bag, and you can tell that it was designed by true survivalists.
Our Pick: The Zippmo Urban Survival Kit Two
The Best Premade Urban Survival Bug Out Bag
HINT: we created one!
We co-developed, along with the guys at Ready To Go Survival, a bug out bag that is geared specifically for urban survival.
We call it The Ultimate Urban Survival Kit (TUUSK).
We tested dozens of items to see what would be best suited to help us survive an urban disaster. We tested all the gear in real world conditions in the heart of New York City and are confident that the final TUUSK loadout is ideal for surviving in an urban emergency scenario.
If you live in a city, with the TUUSK, you’ll never get caught unprepared: Learn more about the TUUSK
Do you have any thoughts on premade bug out bags? Do you own one that you think is great or could use improvement? Please let us know in the Comments Section below, thanks!