We cover many important topics here at the Bug Out Bag Guide including wilderness and urban survival tactics, Bug Out planning, survival skills, and Bug Out Bag essentials but there are also many great resources around the web to learn from.
In our travels, here are some of the best survival resources that we have found:
- Prepper Forums.Net – This is a vibrant, thriving community of preppers that are quick to respond to questions and welcoming to newbies. There are many experienced survivalists in their mix with a wide range of knowledge that covers firearms, survival tactics, survival kits, and outdoor gear.
- Prepper Website – Outstanding curated articles about all things preparedness. They also run the sister site The Preparedness Review.
- SurvivoPedia – A hub containing a HUGE amount of information on survival skills, planning, and preparedness. SurvivoPedia also does a Prep Blog review weekly to highlight other sites around the web.
- Outdoor Life: Survival – This is an offshoot from the excellent Outdoor Life magazine that covers all survival related topics. There is a seemingly endless supply of information and articles here.
- SurvivalBlog.com – A great blog that is loaded with information about all aspects of survival. This has been around since 2005 so it has a huge library of content to answer many survival related questions.
- Ready.Gov – The US Government website dedicated to emergency preparedness. A lot of good, basic information.
- 50 Survival Tips And Tricks For The Outdoors – The folks at AuthorizedBoots.com have put together an excellent outdoor survival guide packed with smart hacks to help you use nature to your advantage. Start a fire with fungus, make willow bark tea, construct a water filter, and many more useful tips.
- SAS Survival Handbook – Good information for any climate regarding basic survival tactics.
- SurvivalistBoards.com – Another vibrant community of passionate preppers. There are many people here happy to answer questions regarding disaster preparedness.
- The Doom and Bloom Survival Medicine Handbook – An excellent resource on all aspects of survival first aid. This should be required learning for anyone leading a bug out group.
- Off The Grid News – This is an alternative news site and has a lot of interesting takes on off the grid living that are directly applicable to a bug out scenario.
- The Survival Mom – An awesome blog geared towards family survival planning and prepping. It also has a great podcast that is packed with information.
- Modern Combat And Survival – These guys have a TON of useful, actionable tips and articles. No hypotheticals here, all meat and potatoes. They also have a great podcast that is a smart way to get prepared while commuting or working out.
- Living Off-Grid: A Guide To Self-Sufficiency – Written by an Eagle Scout who spent a total of 11 years living off-grid, this is an excellent resource for planning and executing a successful transition to a self-sufficient homestead.
We hope this list is helpful and you are able to use these resources to elevate your survival preparedness to the next level with the wealth of information and options that they provide. If you have a great resource to suggest, please let us know and we wlll take a look.